Maximizing the Use of Broadband in New Jersey
Broadband has become a significant enabler to economic growth, global competitiveness and job creation. It is providing significant opportunities in education, healthcare, workforce development, public safety, government and economic development. New Jersey's State Broadband initiative is underway to build the State Broadband Map and to gain deeper insight into New Jersey's broadband needs across the different community anchor institutions that are critical to the future of our State.
What is Broadband?
The term broadband commonly refers to high-speed Internet access that is always on and faster than dial-up access. The FCC categorizes an Internet service as "broadband" if it transmits at a speed of at least 4 megabits per second.
"The State Broadband Initiative in New Jersey could have a substantial impact on workforce development, education, small business growth, and health care through the increased awareness and adoption of broadband capabilities. New Jersey's program, ConnectingNJ, will provide the platform from which digital demands can be met to support workforce development, increase educational opportunities, and enable businesses, and improve health care delivery to more effectively compete through the increased broadband adoption rate."
- Gloria J. Broeker, Chief Operating Officer, New Jersey Office of Information Technology
- African American Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey Monthly Networking Luncheon
- NJ State Library Organizes Free Breakfast Event Series for NJ Business Community
- MIDJersey Chamber of Commerce Cross County Economic Symposium
- Broadband Communities Summit 2013
- New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners 15th Annual Business Growth & Procurement Conference
- New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners: Salute to Success
- New Jersey Library Association 2013 Conference
- New Jersey Education Association Convention 2013
- View More